Re: Argentina PUG

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Argentina PUG
Дата
Re: Argentina PUG  ("Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Emanuel CALVO FRANCO escribió:
> Not yet Selena. We generally use pgsql-es-ayuda list...
> but, after the PGday we think it will be more active.
> In other hand, we create an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net for Arpug.
>
> We need a time, but there's people who is interest on it.
> In fact, there are mini-pugs that are growing in the other states
> (cordoba, corrientes)
> but they need gow up to converts in a really pugs, that's because we promote
> the idea to create an Arpug.

If it's going to start growing after PGDay, then maybe it makes sense to
way until after PGDay to create the list(s).

As a completely different topic, I told Selena some time ago that the
current naming scheme for PUGs does not scale.  If we get a Cordoba PUG,
will it be copug?  And if we get a Corrientes PUG, what will we name it?
corpug?  If we ever get a Colombia PUG, what will we use?

I suggest that maybe XXpug should be reserved for country codes (so
"bapug" and others are already misnomers; it's fortunate that the bapug
list has not had any traffic yet.  Can we rename bapug to arpug?)
*mumble* ISO 3166-2 *mumble*