Re: Argentina PUG

От Selena Deckelmann
Тема Re: Argentina PUG
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Emanuel CALVO FRANCO
<postgres.arg@gmail.com> wrote:

> :D  The original idea was that, only rename bapug to arpug.
> the same problem is taking place in central america, a problem with the name.
> But exist a cuestion: the pugs are created to make an oganization in a
> country or
> are made for local people to participate with more meetings and contacts?

The primary definition of a PUG is that it is a group of people who
meet and talk about PostgreSQL.

I encourage PUGs to meet monthly, to drink beer (or something
non-alcoholic) and eat together, and to advertise themselves with a
mailing list and a website so when people are traveling through they
can be the PostgreSQL Welcome Wagon! :)

Each PUG, however, has it's own mission and goals.  And obviously, the
larger groups can't meet that often.  But I think it is legitimate to
create a PUG mailing list even if a group only meets once a year.  So,
a PgDay qualifies a group for a list.

> In the second way,that's becuase we think in 'internal' pugs just for
> say 'cordoba's people'
> , to encourage more local events and nearly contacts.

I think that if Cordoba would like a separate list, they are welcome
to it.  They just need get a few people together and have meetings.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx