Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL

От vinny
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2017-07-28 06:31, Tim Uckun wrote:
> I think it's funny that after all these years pgadmin3 is still the
> most comprehensive GUI for postgres.

Have you looked at EMS SQL-Manager, I don't remember PgAdmin having any
where near hte features that it has :-P

> Even though it's prone to
> crashing on my machine and I have paid for datagrip I still reach for
> it first.

It depends entirely on your personal preference, not so much on the
features of the tool,
there are whole subcultures in the IT world who swear by VIM. I tend to
swear *at* VIM.

But in the end it's personal preference and requirements that decide
which is the best tool.
I use DbSchema because of how quickly and visually I can create tables,
but I use DataGrip to execute
queries to actually manage a database, create functions, views etc.

Most tools have free preview licences so download them try them out, see
what feels good to you.
Just remember that a tool is not a substitute for knowledge, knowing
where to click in a GUI
is not the same as knowing how to maintain a database.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] RETURNS SETOF RECORD with 1 column
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] RETURNS SETOF RECORD with 1 column