Re: [GENERAL] RETURNS SETOF RECORD with 1 column

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] RETURNS SETOF RECORD with 1 column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, July 27, 2017, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thursday, July 27, 2017, Vincenzo Romano <vincenzo.romano@notorand.it> wrote:
The main difference is that with RETURNS SETOF RECORD I still get the
"usual"(tm) function argument list in the usual place: between two
parentheses.
It's a matter of style. And a consistent one.
But I still don't get the point for not having it for a single column.

Docs say: " When there are OUT or INOUT parameters, the RETURNS clause can be omitted. ". Sounds like you should you do just that.

Except you'd have no where to put the "setof" modifier...So, yeah, you probably aren't going to personal style preference catered to here.

David J.