Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL

От Tim Uckun
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think it's funny that after all these years pgadmin3 is still the most comprehensive GUI for postgres. Even though it's prone to crashing on my machine and I have paid for datagrip I still reach for it first.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 2:46 AM, vinny <vinny@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 2017-07-27 00:41, Tiffany Thang wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to PostgreSQL. I'm looking for a developer tool that works
similarly to TOAD or SQL Developer for Oracle/MySQL which would allow
me to view and make DDL changes to database objects and create data
models. It would be a plus if I can use the same tool to perform some
database administration tasks.

So far, I've found TOra and pgAdmin 4. Are there any other popular GUI
tools?

Thanks in advance.

There is also DbSchema, for getting a good overview of your tables.
I use Jetbrains dataGrip for maintenance etc. I find that using a GUI for things like creating functions is nice
but you never really learn what's going on so you are in trouble when you have to do something and your GUI is not available.