Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL

От vinny
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Developer GUI tools for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2017-07-27 00:41, Tiffany Thang wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to PostgreSQL. I'm looking for a developer tool that works
> similarly to TOAD or SQL Developer for Oracle/MySQL which would allow
> me to view and make DDL changes to database objects and create data
> models. It would be a plus if I can use the same tool to perform some
> database administration tasks.
>
> So far, I've found TOra and pgAdmin 4. Are there any other popular GUI
> tools?
>
> Thanks in advance.

There is also DbSchema, for getting a good overview of your tables.
I use Jetbrains dataGrip for maintenance etc. I find that using a GUI
for things like creating functions is nice
but you never really learn what's going on so you are in trouble when
you have to do something and your GUI is not available.