Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

.

> I wanted to enable data-checksums.  I at first tried appending
> --data-checksums to the doc-specified command:
>
> /usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgresql-11-setup initdb --data-checksums
>
> but that did not work.  After a glance at that script, I was able to do
> it with:
>
> export PGSETUP_INITDB_OPTIONS="--data-checksums"
> /usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgresql-11-setup initdb
>
> I'm just wondering if there is a more preferred way to do this, and/or
> any particular reason you can't pass options to initdb?  Also, since the

You can pass options to initdb:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/app-initdb.html

It seems you cannot pass them to the script postgresql-11-setup. That
would be a question for the packagers:

https://yum.postgresql.org/contact.php

Or you could just use the initdb program directly instead of going
through the script. The caveat being whether that would interfere with
what the script does?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com