Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 5:03 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 2/24/19 2:39 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> I'm just wondering if there is a more preferred way to do this,
Not seeing anything responsive to this question, I'll assume that PGSETUP_INITDB_OPTIONS is the preferred method.

and/or
> any particular reason you can't pass options to initdb?  Also, since the

You can pass options to initdb:
Yes.  I guess I shoulda said "cant pass option to initdb via the setup script."

It seems you cannot pass them to the script postgresql-11-setup. That
would be a question for the packagers:

https://yum.postgresql.org/contact.php

> checksums are good for data integrity, and can only be done at init
> time, I wonder if it's worth adding a note about it to that
> documentation page?

OK.  Do the yum packagers also maintain the documentation for downloading and installing Postgresql?
(i.e., https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/)  And are you saying this question/topic is inappropriate for this list?

Thanks,
Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.

От: Filip Rembiałkowski
Сообщение: 9.0 standby - could not open file global/XXXXX
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?