Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.  I recently installed PG 11.2 on Centos 7, following the excellent directions at https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/.

I wanted to enable data-checksums.  I at first tried appending --data-checksums to the doc-specified command:

/usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgresql-11-setup initdb --data-checksums

but that did not work.  After a glance at that script, I was able to do it with:

export PGSETUP_INITDB_OPTIONS="--data-checksums"
/usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgresql-11-setup initdb

I'm just wondering if there is a more preferred way to do this, and/or any particular reason you can't pass options to initdb?  Also, since the checksums are good for data integrity, and can only be done at init time, I wonder if it's worth adding a note about it to that documentation page?

Thanks.

Ken

--
AGENCY Software