Re: Future Non-server Windows support???

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Future Non-server Windows support???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/24/19 1:04 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 2/24/19 10:38 AM, Jeff Janes wrote:
>      > On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 7:06 AM Bill Haught
>     <wlhaught4754323@att.net <mailto:wlhaught4754323@att.net>
>      > <mailto:wlhaught4754323@att.net
>     <mailto:wlhaught4754323@att.net>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >     I noticed that for 11.2, non-server versions of Windows are
>     not listed
>      >     as supported platforms.
>      >
>      >
>      > Listed where?  The only thing I see is "Windows (Win2000 SP4 and
>
>     I believe the OP is referring to:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
>
>     Interactive installer by EnterpriseDB
>

> OK, thanks.  I don't know how that list is maintained, but on
> EnterpriseDB itself, they list those two versions of Windows for one of
> their paid products.  For the free community version, they list:
> "Windows x86-64: Windows 2012 R2 & R1, Windows 2016, Windows 7, 8, 10".
>
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/services-support/edb-supported-products-and-platforms
>
> But, this EnterpriseDB page itself is out of date, as it lists 11.1 but
> not 11.2.  I wouldn't think they would have desupported between 11.1 and
> 11.2 (and I can install 11.2 using their installer), so I think this is
> a bug on https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/ and a stale page
> on edb.

Well something is out of sync. Still I have to go with what is available
from the Download page:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/ -->

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads -->

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/11.0/PG_Inst_Guide_v11/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide.1.04.html#pID0E0XH0HA

     2 Requirements Overview
     2.1 Supported Platforms
     PostgreSQL 11 is certified on the following platforms:
     64 bit Windows:
     Windows 2012R2
     Windows 2016
     MAC OS X: