Re: Locallhost Windows installation

От System Consult
Тема Re: Locallhost Windows installation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
this has been installed successfully. the new problem is
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>createdb HtlMgmtDB
Password:
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  password
authenticatio
n failed for user "afolorunsho"

afolorunsho is the user that signed on windows operating system. this was
the same person who installed the dbase, hence authorised user. i went
through the documentation and the explanation there are not specific. What
have i done wrong? what have i not done? any help will be appreciated pls.

another question do i have to go through all these in order to install on a
client machine, especially where the only use for it is to connect through a
java application as a database.