Re: Locallhost Windows installation

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: Locallhost Windows installation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Your Windows user account information will not be useful in Postgres.

When you install it, it will ask you for two accounts:

1 is the service account (the machine account which Postgres runs under)

The other is the PostgreSQL super user.  Until you set up other user accounts, you will only be able to use the postgresql super-user you specify when you install Postgres.

Then you do:

Createdb –h localhost –U <PG super-user> -W <dbname>

The –U tells it to connect as that username, -W tells it to prompt for the user’s password.

You need the JDBC (I believe) connector to install on the client machines, or the ODBC connector (depending on what your java app uses.)  You only need to install PostgreSQL itself on the server.

Andy