Re: [ADMIN] pgAdmin 4 Desktop Runtime has stopped working

От George Neuner
Тема Re: [ADMIN] pgAdmin 4 Desktop Runtime has stopped working
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Apologies if this appears twice ... I'm not certain whether Gmane is
relaying posts to this group.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:16:29 -0400, Tiffany Thang
<tiffanythang@gmail.com> wrote:

 >I have reinstalled but I'm still getting the same error. I'm new to
 >PostgreSQL so this is the first version. Any idea what log files I should
 >look at to possibly find the issue? I've looked at
 >C:\Users\tiff\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin\pgadmin4.log but it was empty.

It works ok for me on Win 7.  Amazingly, 1.6 is even slower than 1.3
which I had previously.

When it starts, pgAdmin 4 phones home to look for updates ... is it
possible that you have a firewall blocking it?  That shouldn't cause a
crash, but I've seen previous versions hang when they can't reach the
servers.

If the error dialog has an option to display more information, click
on it, copy down what it says and post it here.

Even if you get it working I think I'd echo Joshua's advice. pgAdmin4
has a few nice features, but it is very large and ponderously slow
even when it does work.  For routine use I have stayed with pgAdmin
III.

George