Re: [GENERAL] Why can't the database owner create schemas and how canI enable that?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Why can't the database owner create schemas and how canI enable that?
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Why can't the database owner create schemas and how can I enable that?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On 9/22/2017 10:29 PM, Tim Uckun wrote:
> I am setting up a database for an app. So I create a user without
> superuser but with login priveleges
>
> I then create a database and set it's owner to that user like this...
>
> dropdb --if-exists api_development
> dropuser --if-exists api_user
>
> createuser api_user -P -d
> createdb api_development -O api_user
>
> The app can now connect to the database but it can't create any
> tables, schemas or anything else unless I give it superuser privileges.
>
> Is there any way I can make this user a superuser for this database
> without making it a superuser on other databases?

that should have worked just fine.

[root@new ~]# useradd fred
[root@new ~]# su - postgres
$ createuser fred
$ createdb fred -O fred
$ logout
[root@new ~]# su - fred
[fred@new ~]$ psql
psql (9.3.19)
Type "help" for help.

fred=> create schema xyzzy;
CREATE SCHEMA
fred=> create table xyzzy.abc (id serial, dat text);
CREATE TABLE
fred=> \q