Re: [GENERAL] Why can't the database owner create schemas and how canI enable that?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Why can't the database owner create schemas and how canI enable that?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 2:33 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 9/22/2017 10:29 PM, Tim Uckun wrote:
I am setting up a database for an app. So I create a user without superuser but with login priveleges

I then create a database and set it's owner to that user like this...

dropdb --if-exists api_development
dropuser --if-exists api_user

createuser api_user -P -d
createdb api_development -O api_user

The app can now connect to the database but it can't create any tables, schemas or anything else unless I give it superuser privileges.

Is there any way I can make this user a superuser for this database without making it a superuser on other databases?

that should have worked just fine.

[root@new ~]# useradd fred
[root@new ~]# su - postgres
$ createuser fred
$ createdb fred -O fred
$ logout
[root@new ~]# su - fred
[fred@new ~]$ psql
psql (9.3.19)
Type "help" for help.

fred=> create schema xyzzy;
CREATE SCHEMA
fred=> create table xyzzy.abc (id serial, dat text);
CREATE TABLE
fred=> \q

Make sure you are the DB owner when you connect.

Either
psql -U api_user  -d api_development

OR
psql -d api_development