Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Deepak Vasudevan K P schrieb:
> Hi all,
>   I'm in the same situation where Dennis King was on 19 Nov 2002.
>   I'm trying to connect to pgsql using JDBC (on a RHL 8.0) and for me,
> as it was with Dennis, forName registers the Driver, but getConnection
> throws the exception "Driver not found".
>   I use JDK 1.3.1,
>   tried postgresql JDBC driver: "pg72jdbc2.jar" from
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/
>   running java as : $>java -cp ./pg72jdbc2.jar <myClassFile>
>   The source for myClassFile has the following specs
>     Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
>     Driver.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:postgres","postgres"); //
> throws the "Driver Not Found" exception.
>    <Here  '*postgres' *is the database name  and '*postgres' *is a user>
>
>   BTW I tried the same Driver in Windows (2000 prof, jdk1.4.1, forte for
> Java) and there getConnection worked, but the connection was refused by
> the RHL DB host (I've edited the pg_hba.conf file). That was just a try,
> I'd stick to RHL.

So far it looks fine to me. The only thing that strikes me, is the way you
define your classpath. Did you try:

java -cp .:pg72jdbc2.jar myClass

If the .jar file is in the current directory, I don't see a reason to
qualify it with a ./ at the beginning. Including the current directory
might help as well.

Thomas

От: Paul Thomas
Сообщение: Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)
От: "Rodrigo F. Baroni"
Сообщение: Connect Socket problem