forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)

От Deepak Vasudevan K P
Тема forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)
Дата
Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)  (Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,
  I'm in the same situation where Dennis King was on 19 Nov 2002.
  I'm trying to connect to pgsql using JDBC (on a RHL 8.0) and for me, as it was with Dennis, forName registers the Driver, but getConnection throws the exception "Driver not found".
  I use JDK 1.3.1,
  tried postgresql JDBC driver: "pg72jdbc2.jar" from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/
  running java as : $>java -cp ./pg72jdbc2.jar <myClassFile>
  The source for myClassFile has the following specs
    Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
    Driver.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:postgres","postgres"); // throws the "Driver Not Found" exception.
   <Here  'postgres' is the database name  and 'postgres' is a user>

  BTW I tried the same Driver in Windows (2000 prof, jdk1.4.1, forte for Java) and there getConnection worked, but the connection was refused by the RHL DB host (I've edited the pg_hba.conf file). That was just a try, I'd stick to RHL.

  Dennis any luck with your tries? Did you compile one of those sources?

  If anyone can help I would be grateful.
Deepak.

Do you Yahoo!?