Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 18/06/2003 19:49 Deepak Vasudevan K P wrote:

>   If anyone can help I would be grateful.
> Deepak.

Puzzling. I wonder if there there might be some subtle incompatability
between the 1.3.1 JVM and whatever the driver was built with. Have you
tried enabling logging with DriverManager.setLogStream(...)? You can then
do a DriverManager.getDrivers() after your forName(...) to see if the
driver manager has picked it up correctly at that point. Alternatively,
have you tried building the driver yourself from the source?

A final option would be to use JDK 1.4.1 and upgrade PostgeSQL to 7.3.3
from source. I've done that on 2 RH7.3 boxes here and its really easy.
Just remember to also edit /etc/init.d/postgresql to change the version
test to 7.3 or you can't restart the db using service postgresql start :)

good luck

--
Paul Thomas
Business |