Re: install Postgres on RHED 7

От Kris Deugau
Тема Re: install Postgres on RHED 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pepe TD Vo wrote:
> May you suggest me exactly repositories packages needed for install
> PostgreSQL?  Seem to me this link,
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/
> all rpm files needed another dependencies.  Total more than 300 files
> and only a few allow me to install the rest of them needed another
> dependencies and didn't give me exactly what they are.

Some of them will be from the stock Red Hat repositories, and some will
be from the PGDG repository.  I haven't used that repository, and I
haven't done much on an RPM-based system for a while so I can't give you
any more specific information.

It's possible - but very tedious and difficult - to install a package
with a large dependency tree entirely by hand.  I *have* done this
myself in the past, and I recall a few cases where it literally took two
or three hours to get everything installed to support the specific
package I started out trying to install.  This is why tools like yum
were developed;  they do the work of checking through the list to see
what's required, and where it can be installed from.

This isn't specific to Postgres;  it's how the underlying OS package
system works.  You may want to see if someone in your office has more
experience installing packages on RHEL with yum and ask them to give you
a hand.  You've got several issues around yum's basic operation that you
need to fix, and local network/systems admins should know enough about
your setup to help a lot faster.

-kgd