Re: install Postgres on RHED 7

От Pepe TD Vo
Тема Re: install Postgres on RHED 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
May you suggest me exactly repositories packages needed for install PostgreSQL?  Seem to me this link, https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/  all rpm files needed another dependencies.  Total more than 300 files and only a few allow me to install the rest of them needed another dependencies and didn't give me exactly what they are.

thank you for all your advise and suggestion.

v/r,

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:41 PM, Kris Deugau <kdeugau@vianet.ca> wrote:

Pepe TD Vo wrote:
> I have downloaded
> <https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7server-x86_64/repodata/repomd.exl:>md.xml,
> what location should I put it in?  Also, I saw drmp folder, do I need to
> download this folder too?

Unless you're maintaining the repository you shouldn't need to manually
download parts of it;  that's what tools like yum are for.  (I'm not
sure trying to hand-feed parts of a repository to yum is going to work
well anyway;  parts of the local cache will end up mismatched and yum
may delete the whole set as corrupt.  I haven't done much with RPM-based
systems in a while so I'm not sure what yum would do.)

If yum can't access a public repository like PGDG, you'll need to
investigate the network path and DNS results as suggested a couple of
times.  Looking back up the messages you may also need to contact Red
Hat support for assistance adding a third-party repository to the yum
configuration.  The error you reported doesn't seem to make sense to me
for a third-party repository, only for the primary official Red Hat one(s).

It's also sounding a little like you're behind a restrictive firewall
that's blocking access;  in that case you should either work with your
network administrators to open access, or skip the regular repository
access entirely and manually download the .rpm package files you need
for the Postgres components you want to eg a USB stick.  Or to another
server that you *can* access from the machine you want to do the install on.

At that point you're back to "try to install this package file, see what
dependencies it's missing, download the missing dependencies", and
repeat until you've got things installed.  I don't recommend this;  for
complex packages it can take hours.  And you have to do it all over
again when a package update comes out.

-kgd