Server Crash: Issues Re-starting Postgres

От Rich Shepard
Тема Server Crash: Issues Re-starting Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
   While I was out of the office yesterday the server shut down unexpectedly.
Now I'm having difficulties getting postgres restarted because it's been so
long since I've done this.

   Based on error messages when trying to start postgres I killed the .pid
file and /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432. Obviously the wrong things to do.

   As user postgres I try to start the server and see this:

postgres@salmo:~$ postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data &
[1] 9746
postgres@salmo:~$ LOG:  could not bind Unix socket: Address already in use
WARNING:  could not create Unix-domain socket
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2014-01-07 11:52:08 PST
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

   And, when I (as a user) try to access a database:

psql: could not connect to server: Permission denied

   What is the process I follow to get postgres running again?

TIA,

Rich