Обсуждение: Server Crash: Issues Re-starting Postgres

Server Crash: Issues Re-starting Postgres

От
Rich Shepard
Дата:
   While I was out of the office yesterday the server shut down unexpectedly.
Now I'm having difficulties getting postgres restarted because it's been so
long since I've done this.

   Based on error messages when trying to start postgres I killed the .pid
file and /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432. Obviously the wrong things to do.

   As user postgres I try to start the server and see this:

postgres@salmo:~$ postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data &
[1] 9746
postgres@salmo:~$ LOG:  could not bind Unix socket: Address already in use
WARNING:  could not create Unix-domain socket
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2014-01-07 11:52:08 PST
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

   And, when I (as a user) try to access a database:

psql: could not connect to server: Permission denied

   What is the process I follow to get postgres running again?

TIA,

Rich

Re: Server Crash: Issues Re-starting Postgres [RESOLVED]

От
Rich Shepard
Дата:
On Tue, 7 Jan 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  What is the process I follow to get postgres running again?

   Found the problem and fixed it.

   I had touched /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 as root and it was a regular file, not a
socket. Stopping postgres, deleting that file, and restarting the server
fixed the problem. Now /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 is a socket and I can access my
databases.

Rich