Re: DB problem

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: DB problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 12/26/06, vinayakr@vmoksha.com <vinayakr@vmoksha.com> wrote:
Hi,

We are using PostgreSQL 7.3 version, installed in linux system. Only DB is getting shut down 3-4 times a day.

Vinay,

Although its not an answer to your question, but you should upgrade to 8.2.0 version
unless you have specific reason of not doing it.

Regds
mallah.

From my application end I get "Sorry too many clients" error.
Refering the FAQ I maximized the DB session limit to 200.

I think the logs are not enabled in my DB. So I set the following options in postgresql.con file

log_timestamp= true
log_directory=pg_log
log_filename=%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log
log_disconnections=true
log_hostname=true
log_statement=true

After restarting the system got the following error :
[root@localhost root]# su postgres bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: postgresql.conf:131: syntax error,
token="%" bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: postgresql.conf:131: syntax error, token="%" bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: postgresql.conf:131: syntax error, token="%" bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_directory' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_directory' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_filename' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data FATAL: 'log_disconnections' is not a valid option name bash-2.05b$ postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pg

When you install the DB, the logs are enabled by default?

Would you pls tell me still what setting need to be done?

Thanks,
Vinayak V. Raikar
Extn : 143