Re: DB problem

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: DB problem
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Vinayakr,

> We are using PostgreSQL 7.3 version, installed in linux system. Only DB is
> getting shut down 3-4 times a day. From my application end I get "Sorry too
> many clients" error.

Maybe you should rise the maximum connections?

> log_timestamp= true
> log_directory=pg_log
> log_filename=%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log
> log_disconnections=true
> log_hostname=true
> log_statement=true

Your error clearly states that PostgreSQL cannot accept your postgresql.conf

>FATAL: 'log_directory' is > not a valid option name bash-2.05b$
postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data

strange ... within my config there is

# These are only used if redirect_stderr is on:
log_directory = 'pg_log'        # Directory where log files are written
                    # Can be absolute or relative to PGDATA
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log' # Log file name pattern.
                    # Can include strftime() escapes

What I see that is missing within yours are the '  around the option values.

> When you install the DB, the logs are enabled by default?
That belongs to the packager. If he is reasonable sane, they will be enabled.

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa