Re: [ADMIN] Problems with 6.3.2

От Dirk Elmendorf
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problems with 6.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 20-Jun-98 Mike Embry x3056 wrote:
> Although the error messages aren't the same, we just recently had a similar
> experience where initdb would fail, core dump and the data dir wound up
> being empty.  In our case, we're upgrading from 6.1 to 6.3.2 while
> leaving the 6.1 running on one system and installing 6.3.2 on another
> system - but the 6.1 binaries could be seen on both systems and were
> first in the path.  Kept core dumping until we put the 6.3.2 first in the
> path.  Even when we entered the full path to the 6.3.2 binaries.
Thanks for the advice, but I tested this theory first- because I had a previous instal
l of postgres on the machine - and  because that was the root of most of the problems repo
rted in May....Unless these files are being really sneaky - I completly deleted my /usr/lo
cal/pgsql dir before the install (I did a find / -print|grep libpq without finding anythin
g)

I still haven't figured out what's causing the problem other than the failed assertion in
bootstrap.c
Dirk Elmendorf, VP/Development           Main: 210-892-4000
Cymitar Technology Group, Inc.         Direct: 210-892-4005
Lorene Office Plaza                       Fax: 210-892-4329
9828 Lorene Lane                   <http://www.cymitar.com>
San Antonio, TX 78216-4450           <delmendo@cymitar.com>

От: Mike Embry x3056
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with 6.3.2
От: lj644f
Сообщение: ...