Обсуждение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with 6.3.2

Re: [ADMIN] Problems with 6.3.2

От
Mike Embry x3056

> > initdb simply core dumps and then destroys the data directory entirely.
> > I really need to get this working any help would be greatly appreciated.

Although the error messages aren't the same, we just recently had a similar
experience where initdb would fail, core dump and the data dir wound up
being empty.  In our case, we're upgrading from 6.1 to 6.3.2 while
leaving the 6.1 running on one system and installing 6.3.2 on another
system - but the 6.1 binaries could be seen on both systems and were
first in the path.  Kept core dumping until we put the 6.3.2 first in the
path.  Even when we entered the full path to the 6.3.2 binaries.

MikE

Re: [ADMIN] Problems with 6.3.2

От
Dirk Elmendorf
Дата:
On 20-Jun-98 Mike Embry x3056 wrote:
> Although the error messages aren't the same, we just recently had a similar
> experience where initdb would fail, core dump and the data dir wound up
> being empty.  In our case, we're upgrading from 6.1 to 6.3.2 while
> leaving the 6.1 running on one system and installing 6.3.2 on another
> system - but the 6.1 binaries could be seen on both systems and were
> first in the path.  Kept core dumping until we put the 6.3.2 first in the
> path.  Even when we entered the full path to the 6.3.2 binaries.
Thanks for the advice, but I tested this theory first- because I had a previous instal
l of postgres on the machine - and  because that was the root of most of the problems repo
rted in May....Unless these files are being really sneaky - I completly deleted my /usr/lo
cal/pgsql dir before the install (I did a find / -print|grep libpq without finding anythin
g)

I still haven't figured out what's causing the problem other than the failed assertion in
bootstrap.c
Dirk Elmendorf, VP/Development           Main: 210-892-4000
Cymitar Technology Group, Inc.         Direct: 210-892-4005
Lorene Office Plaza                       Fax: 210-892-4329
9828 Lorene Lane                   <http://www.cymitar.com>
San Antonio, TX 78216-4450           <delmendo@cymitar.com>