Re: mapping libraries

От Fabricio
Тема Re: mapping libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

no no no... is not about upgrade libraries, is about  a  super user  failing to "create function ... language c" and with this avoid a super user gets a shell creating the function "system()" in the libc.so. In postgres 8.2 every library intented for use with postgres must carry a magic block to identify itself, but for the moment a can't upgrade a server.
I know this is very old but is just a question :).
I think the only way is updrade and not use super users, but if I upgrade and I need a super user for load data with copy command and this is a operating system user too for upload de data to the server, What avoid that the user load libraries like system() with the magic block and gets access to the cluster database with user postgres?

thank  Gerhard

regards...