Re: "IDENT authentication failed for user" on 7.2.1 but not

От Barker
Тема Re: "IDENT authentication failed for user" on 7.2.1 but not
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks Tom, my problem was resolved by changing pg_hba.conf to:
local        all                                           trust

This line was provided by default in RedHat 7.2, but it is commented
out in RedHat 7.3.

This permission sounds quite liberal.
Perhaps someone can suggest a more-desirable replacement if I only
want an apache user from the internet in addition to the postgres
superuser.

Thanks,
Steve Barker