Re: "IDENT authentication failed for user" on 7.2.1 but not on 7.1.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "IDENT authentication failed for user" on 7.2.1 but not on 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Barker <barkerds@snybufaf.buffalostate.edu> writes:
> I don't know if this is a bug with PostgreSQL or perhaps
> something changed with RedHat 7.3
> My application failed on RH 7.3, but worked fine on RH 7.2 & 7.1.
> PostgreSQL 7.2.1 produced the following error message:
> 'FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "apache"'
> but worked okay on PostgreSQL 7.1.3.

So are you running an ident server on the RH 7.3 system?

Also, I wonder about environment variables --- like PGHOST ---
not to mention whether you have comparable pg_hba.conf files
on both setups.  PG 7.1 did not support IDENT auth on local
connections, so either you weren't actually running IDENT on
that 7.1 setup, or you had "PGHOST=localhost" or some other
hidden method of causing the connection to be TCP not Unix-socket.