Re: Bug #734: Rename column make views go bad

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #734: Rename column make views go bad
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> When I rename a column postgres seems to update the views. Or at least
> the views works after the update. But if I dump the database (with
> pg_dump) then I can not restore it since the dumped views still refer
> to the old column name.

Although you only see the effects in pg_dump, this is actually a backend
problem (pg_dump depends on pg_get_viewdef(), which wasn't being careful
about this situation).

I've committed fixes into current CVS for this, but I don't think there
will be a back-patch for 7.2 ... the risk of breaking other cases is
too high to put it out without a normal beta-test cycle.