Re: performance tuning: shared_buffers, sort_mem; swap

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: performance tuning: shared_buffers, sort_mem; swap
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > One bonus of bsd shared memory (when anonymous) is that it dies with
> > the process ... even in the worst case.
>
> But in fact we don't *want* it to be anonymous.

Just as a little further explanation here, postgres on startup will
check for an exiting SHM segment and use the information from that
to help recover (since its existence alone is an indication that
an unclean shutdown ocurred).

But yeah, dig through the archives and you'll see more than you
ever wanted to know about this topic.

cjs

Сообщение: Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC
Сообщение: Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC