Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Nick Fankhauser" <nickf@ontko.com> writes:
> Does -m fast actually close connections on your server?

It works as advertised for me: not only will it cut connections, but it
will abort queries-in-progress.  For instance, I did this:

regression=# begin;
BEGIN
regression=# select * from tenk1 a, tenk1 b, tenk1 c;

-- the above would return 100billion rows if given the chance, so
-- after a second or two I issued "pg_ctl stop -m fast" in another
-- window, and promptly got:

FATAL:  This connection has been terminated by the administrator.
        before or while processing the request.
!#

Successful shutdown was reported by pg_ctl a couple seconds later,
as expected.

Not sure what's going wrong for you --- are you certain you did the test
correctly?  Any possibility you ran the wrong script, shut down the
wrong server, etc?