Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Andrew Martin wrote:

> > > Accepting credit cards would be a good way to get international users
> > > to buy. For a small sum, it really is too much hassle to pay abroad
> > > by any other means...
> >
> >     I really wish we could accept credit cards :(  Up here, at least,
> > it costs something like $10,000 upfront with the banks in order to even
> > get 'online credit card authorization' :(  And that is if they will even
> > talk to you in the first place.
> >
> Eeek! That's a hell of a lot of money!!!!

    Yup...and that was what they were pricing out 4 years ago...plus
you had to have some ridiculous amount of sales per month :(

> But it wouldn't have to be online authorisation. It would be fine if you could
> send your credit card number by post or 'phone or FAX. Do they charge equally
> rediculous sums for that?

    Same...anything that doesn't have a card imprint pretty much
counts as "online" :(

> What about someone like Walnut Creek as a distributor? Or Prime Time Freeware?

    I'm looking at what www.ncbuy.com does in partnership with a
company in the US...if it goes, then we'll have credit card sales
too...but so far, they are saying something like $10 off the top is
theirs, which doesn't leave that much after paying for the CDs
themselves...we'll see.