Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

От
Andrew Martin

> > Accepting credit cards would be a good way to get international users
> > to buy. For a small sum, it really is too much hassle to pay abroad
> > by any other means...
>
>     I really wish we could accept credit cards :(  Up here, at least,
> it costs something like $10,000 upfront with the banks in order to even
> get 'online credit card authorization' :(  And that is if they will even
> talk to you in the first place.

Eeek! That's a hell of a lot of money!!!!

But it wouldn't have to be online authorisation. It would be fine if you could
send your credit card number by post or 'phone or FAX. Do they charge equally
rediculous sums for that?

What about someone like Walnut Creek as a distributor? Or Prime Time Freeware?

Best wishes,

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Andrew Martin wrote:

> > > Accepting credit cards would be a good way to get international users
> > > to buy. For a small sum, it really is too much hassle to pay abroad
> > > by any other means...
> >
> >     I really wish we could accept credit cards :(  Up here, at least,
> > it costs something like $10,000 upfront with the banks in order to even
> > get 'online credit card authorization' :(  And that is if they will even
> > talk to you in the first place.
> >
> Eeek! That's a hell of a lot of money!!!!

    Yup...and that was what they were pricing out 4 years ago...plus
you had to have some ridiculous amount of sales per month :(

> But it wouldn't have to be online authorisation. It would be fine if you could
> send your credit card number by post or 'phone or FAX. Do they charge equally
> rediculous sums for that?

    Same...anything that doesn't have a card imprint pretty much
counts as "online" :(

> What about someone like Walnut Creek as a distributor? Or Prime Time Freeware?

    I'm looking at what www.ncbuy.com does in partnership with a
company in the US...if it goes, then we'll have credit card sales
too...but so far, they are saying something like $10 off the top is
theirs, which doesn't leave that much after paying for the CDs
themselves...we'll see.