Dumping select tables (omitting tables)

От Yuji Shinozaki
Тема Dumping select tables (omitting tables)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I would like to dump select tables from a database (omitting some tables).

It looks like pg_dump only allows you to dump the entire database or
select single tables to dump.   Is there a way to specify to pg_dump a
list of tables to dump (or to omit)?

I can dump all the desired tables as single dumps, but
dump-many-single-tables approach is troublesome since I want to apply the
indexes at the end to make the restore more efficient (and to avoid
integrity checking until the entire database is restored)

Wouldn't that mean hand-editing the dumps to apply the indexes separately
(or at least last)?  Or can I simply concatenate all these single-table
dumps and tell pg_restore to apply the indexes last?

Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

yuji
----
Yuji Shinozaki                            Computer Systems Senior Engineer
ys2n@virginia.edu            Advanced Technologies Group
(434)924-7171                Information Technology & Communication
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ys2n    University of Virginia