Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.

От Grant
Тема Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> (1) Did you remove config.cache and rerun configure after installing the
> headers?  Maybe your problem is just that configure is caching the
> not-found result ...

Yes I did remove config.cache, this was not the problem see below.

> (2) readline 2.2.1 is really ancient; the current release is 4.2.
> I'm not certain that we'd work with 2.2.1 even if you got past the
> configure issue.  You might need to update to a newer readline
> library.  (Caution: readline 4.2 is so new that PG 7.1 doesn't talk
> to it.  Recommended combination is rl 4.1 with PG 7.1, or rl 4.2
> with PG >= 7.1.1.)

I have managed to get the cursors working with readline-4.1.tar.gz. I have
one question and one suggestion.

1. Is it documented that readline-4.1 is a requirement for postgresql v7.1
in order to use the cursors?

2. Can the below steps be placed in the FAQ as I'm sure I was not the only
person who had/has this problem.

01. wget ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/stampede/unstable/pre-0.90/clean-source/base/readline-4.1.tar.gz

02. rpm -e --nodeps `rpm -qa | grep readline`

03. tar -zxf readline-4.1.tar.gz

04. cd readline-4.1

05. ./configure

06. make

07. make install

08. make install-headers

09. mv readline-4.1 /usr/local/src

10. Make sure sure /usr/local/include is in /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run
/sbin/ldconfig. Then continue on with your postgresql configuration
and installation, making sure you stop any currently running
postgresql processes before `make install`.

Thanks for your time Tom.