Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Grant <grant@conprojan.com.au> writes:
> 1. Is it documented that readline-4.1 is a requirement for postgresql v7.1
> in order to use the cursors?

No, because it isn't a requirement; we do work with older readline
versions, I'm just not sure how far back.  I know I have functional
editing and history on an old RedHat box that has readline 3.0.
If anyone wants to research readline 2.* and figure out where the
compatibility boundary is, we could certainly put that into the docs ...