Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cursor keys not working, repost.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Grant <grant@conprojan.com.au> writes:
> I have installed all the header files from:
> /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/readline-2.2.1 temporarily into
> /usr/local/include.

(1) Did you remove config.cache and rerun configure after installing the
headers?  Maybe your problem is just that configure is caching the
not-found result ...

(2) readline 2.2.1 is really ancient; the current release is 4.2.
I'm not certain that we'd work with 2.2.1 even if you got past the
configure issue.  You might need to update to a newer readline
library.  (Caution: readline 4.2 is so new that PG 7.1 doesn't talk
to it.  Recommended combination is rl 4.1 with PG 7.1, or rl 4.2
with PG >= 7.1.1.)