Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas,

Before sending the box to world trip could you make a 3D picture and
publish it on the Web. Take a look at Freedom VR
http://www.honeylocust.com/vr/ - it's free and works fine.

As for the Russia in my experience DHL was always good. If you'll have a
problem with sending the trophy to Vadim I  could arrange that from
Moscow.Regards,    Oleg

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 06:11:49 +0000
> From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu>
> To: Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>
> Cc: Vadim Mikheev <vadim@krs.ru>,
>     Postgres Hackers List <hackers@postgreSQL.org>
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
>
> > > I'm not joking (though cost may be issue).
> > > First step is to define the route.
> > > So, who would like to participate in this project?
> > OK, let's get the box size and weight, and I will see what global
> > carriers can handle this.  Seems DHL may be a good choice, though they
> > seem to only do fast service.  Let's see who has a door-to-door low
> > cost/slow option that covers the globe.  Suggestions?
>
> The weight for the original box is low ~2lbs/1kg. We might want to put
> it inside another box full of peanuts, but the weight would stay low;
> say under 3kg. I'll help sponsor shipping in and out of Russia, and
> I'll bet DHL goes where you want. FedEx seems to have less coverage in
> some areas, but those may just be the ones I've run into like China.
>
> I think perhaps some other legs of the trip could be sponsored by the
> area reps? Perhaps we should have a period where folks can propose a
> visit, and if it coincides with a local event like a club meeting so
> much the better.
>
> btw, I should be able to get a digital photo of the trophy soon, but
> have been swamped at work and am getting ready to leave for 10 days
> for vacation. So I may not be much help for a little while :( I hope
> that doesn't delay a world tour too long...
>
>                      - Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Lockhart                lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu
> South Pasadena, California

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow