Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I'm not joking (though cost may be issue).
> > First step is to define the route.
> > So, who would like to participate in this project?
> OK, let's get the box size and weight, and I will see what global
> carriers can handle this.  Seems DHL may be a good choice, though they
> seem to only do fast service.  Let's see who has a door-to-door low
> cost/slow option that covers the globe.  Suggestions?

The weight for the original box is low ~2lbs/1kg. We might want to put
it inside another box full of peanuts, but the weight would stay low;
say under 3kg. I'll help sponsor shipping in and out of Russia, and
I'll bet DHL goes where you want. FedEx seems to have less coverage in
some areas, but those may just be the ones I've run into like China.

I think perhaps some other legs of the trip could be sponsored by the
area reps? Perhaps we should have a period where folks can propose a
visit, and if it coincides with a local event like a club meeting so
much the better.

btw, I should be able to get a digital photo of the trophy soon, but
have been swamped at work and am getting ready to leave for 10 days
for vacation. So I may not be much help for a little while :( I hope
that doesn't delay a world tour too long...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California