Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > You know, my wife and I were just talking today about taking an
> > around-the-world cruise someday.  This may be my chance.  :-)
> >
> > I am seeing double-smiles from Vadim, so if people are serious and not
> > just joking, I will try and make the arrangements so it is dropped off
> > and picked up by reputable carriers to make the trip.
>
> I'm not joking (though cost may be issue).
> First step is to define the route.
> So, who would like to participate in this project?

OK, let's get the box size and weight, and I will see what global
carriers can handle this.  Seems DHL may be a good choice, though they
seem to only do fast service.  Let's see who has a door-to-door low
cost/slow option that covers the globe.  Suggestions?

I just tried Airborne Express, and they don't have presence in all
areas.  They ship via third party to some places, so the billing can't
be done from one location.  DHL looks expensive, and doesn't allow the
proper billing either, so I can't pay for it all here.

My idea is to plan the route, and have each person get a price for any
shipping means they prefer, and I will include checks in the award box,
for the proper amounts, to be cashed by each person for use in paying
their part of the shipping.  How does this sound?  That seems like the
only way because I can't find a company that will allow for all shipping
to be payed by one person.  It also allows us to user cheaper carriers.
I am sure the US Postal Service is cheaper than these premium carriers.

Should England be on our list too?  Don't want to forget people.

Pennsylvania19026