Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book  (Karsten Schulz <schulz@Linux-Systemhaus.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > 2BOOK Authors:
> > Please, try to keep rights for translating this book into another
> > languages by you self, not by publisher.
> >

> > I may ask some St.Pitersburg's publishing company
> > to make russian translation of this book, but some publishers
> > like O'Reilly have too hard license policy
> > and too long reaction time.
>
> Actually, I want to make sure the book is accessible on the web.  I will
> keep your translation idea in mind.  Good point.

What about translating the regular docs first? Are you planning on using a
lot of the existing documentation for the book? Perhaps one could organize
the distributed documentation as a sort of abridged version of the
official book, similar to what is being done with Perl. Just an idea.

And what kind of timespan did you have in mind?

I had the insane plan of providing a German documentation (at least the
User's Guide) in time for 7.0. (big market) On the other hand, I have lots
of insane plans ...

    -Peter