Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Actually, I want to make sure the book is accessible on the web.  I will
> > keep your translation idea in mind.  Good point.
>
> What about translating the regular docs first? Are you planning on using a
> lot of the existing documentation for the book? Perhaps one could organize
> the distributed documentation as a sort of abridged version of the
> official book, similar to what is being done with Perl. Just an idea.
>
> And what kind of timespan did you have in mind?
>
> I had the insane plan of providing a German documentation (at least the
> User's Guide) in time for 7.0. (big market) On the other hand, I have lots
> of insane plans ...

Not sure on a timespan.  I think I could do most if it in one month if I
did nothing else.  My wife seems supportive of the idea.

Not sure how to merge current documentation into it.  I would like to
point them to URL locations as much as possible.  I thought if I give
them enough to get started, and to understand how the current docs fit
together, that would be good.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book