Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:

От JOHN COOK
Тема Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I am fairly new to Postgres, and had some installation problems similar to
yours.  I am also using Redhat 5.0 and installed the RPMs.  Although this
may not be the ideal workaround, it worked for me.

When you ran initdb, it should have created a 'postgres' user for
you.
If you do not have the password for it, log it as 'root', then type
'passwd postgres' and enter a new password.  Log out and log back in as
postgres.  Then "createuser username".  You should be able to log out, and
log back in as the user you created, then run "psql databasename"
(provided you have already done a 'createdb databasename" as 'postgres'.
Now, this will not give you access to having full rights to create,
destroy, and edit databases.  You must grant these accesses from the
postgres account.  In any case, just using this process, you can
create a database and tables in postgres and give SELECT, INSERT, and
UPDATE access to your user by typing
--> GRANT ALL ON databasename TO username
--> \g
I did this with username 'nobody' to give my Apache server access to the
database.  The RPM for Redhat 5.0 sets up Postmaster with TCP/IP
connectivity, so you don't have to worry about it.

Hope that helps.  If it doesn't, let me know where it is failing and I
will re-walk through my own Redhat RPM install.

John Cook