Re: Re: pg_dump docs

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Re: pg_dump docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> > > Great! But I don't, maybe due to caching somewhere? Should I be seeing
> > >
> > >   http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/
> > >     -> Current documentation
> > >
> > > pointing at
> > >
> > >   http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/index.html
> > >
> > > (afaik this index.html does not yet exist, but could point to the
> > > various flavors of pages and tarballs) rather than
> > >
> > >   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/index.html
> > >
> > > which is what I see now?
> >
> > I thought /docs/index.html was to be for the current docs.  Since they're
> > not, what ARE they pointing to??   Anyway, I've now got it pointing to
> > devel-contrib/docs/index.html and created an index.  If you ever need to
> > update the index, look at the script makeindex in that directory.
>
> docs/index.html *are* the "current docs". They correspond to the current
> released version, which would be 7.0.x (though it is possible that no
> one updated them for 7.0.2).
>
> For developers (-hackers developers, not application developers using
> the current release), the "current docs" correspond to the docs built
> nightly (actually twice a day), which reflect the current development
> tree.

I see the problem.  You're not of BSD and I was thinking you were.  I'm
guessing Marc is catching on right now.   To me, "current" means the
docs that correspond to the current (or development) code.  The release
I refer to is either stable or (more appropriately) "release" docs.

Either way, I think I have things figured out now.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com