Re: Re: pg_dump docs

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Re: pg_dump docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> > > That's strange... I see it :)       ...now
> >
> > Great! But I don't, maybe due to caching somewhere? Should I be seeing
> >
> >   http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/
> >     -> Current documentation
> >
> > pointing at
> >
> >   http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/index.html
> >
> > (afaik this index.html does not yet exist, but could point to the
> > various flavors of pages and tarballs) rather than
> >
> >   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/index.html
> >
> > which is what I see now?
>
> I thought /docs/index.html was to be for the current docs.  Since they're
> not, what ARE they pointing to??   Anyway, I've now got it pointing to
> devel-contrib/docs/index.html and created an index.  If you ever need to
> update the index, look at the script makeindex in that directory.

docs/index.html *are* the "current docs". They correspond to the current
released version, which would be 7.0.x (though it is possible that no
one updated them for 7.0.2).

For developers (-hackers developers, not application developers using
the current release), the "current docs" correspond to the docs built
nightly (actually twice a day), which reflect the current development
tree.
                    - Thomas