Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?  (Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Working on the Release Announcement now ... Bruce, how accurate is the
current TODO list?  If I go through it looking for all items marked as
'-', I come up with the following list.  Is it missing anything?  I know
not *everything* has to be listed, so I'm more afraid of listing something
that shouldn't then not listing enough ...

The beta1.tar.gz snapshot has been created ... I'll put out an
announcement later tonight once I've heard back on this list, which also
gives some of the mirror sites a chance to sync up, and Vince a chance to
update the web site...

RELIABILITY

RESOURCES
  * -Disallow inherited columns with the same name as new columns  * -Elog() does not free all its memory  * -spinlock
stuckproblem when elog(FATAL) and elog(ERROR) inside bufmgr  * -Recover or force failure when disk space is
exhausted(Hiroshi)

PARSER
  * -INSERT INTO ... SELECT with AS columns matching result columns problem  * -Select a[1] FROM test fails, it needs
test.a[1](Tom) * -Array index references without table name cause problems [array](Tom)  * -INSERT ... SELECT ... GROUP
BYgroups by target columns not source    columns(Tom)  * -CREATE TABLE test (a char(5) DEFAULT text '', b int4) fails
on   INSERT(Tom)  * -UNION with LIMIT fails  * -CREATE TABLE x AS SELECT 1 UNION SELECT 2 fails  * -CREATE TABLE
test(colchar(2) DEFAULT user) fails in length    restriction  * -mismatched types in CREATE TABLE ... DEFAULT causes
problems[default]  * -SELECT ... UNION ... ORDER BY fails when sort expr not in result list,    ORDER BY is applied
onlyto the first SELECT  * -select * from pg_class where oid in (0,-1)  * -prevent primary key that exceeds max index
columns[primary]  * -SELECT COUNT('asdf') FROM pg_class WHERE oid=12 crashes  * -require SELECT DISTINCT target list to
haveall ORDER BY columns  * -When using aggregates + GROUP BY, no rows in should yield no rows    out(Tom)  * -Allow
HAVINGto use comparisons that have no aggregates(Tom)  * -Allow COUNT(DISTINCT col))(TOm)

  * -Views with spaces in view name fail when referenced

MISC
  * -User who can create databases can modify pg_database table(Peter E)  * -Fix btree to give a useful elog when key >
1/2(page - overhead)(Tom)  * -pg_dump should preserve primary key information  * -database names with spaces fail  *
-insertof 0.0 into DECIMAL(4,4) field fails(Tom)  * -* Interlock to prevent DROP DATABASE on a database with running
backendsInterlockto prevent DROP DATABASE on a database with running    backends

ENHANCEMENTS

URGENT
  * -Add referential integrity(Jan)[primary]  * -Eliminate limits on query length  * -Fix memory leak for
aggregates(Tom)

ADMIN
  * -Better interface for adding to pg_group(Peter E)  * -Generate postmaster pid file and remove flock/fcntl lock
code[flock](Tatsuo)

TYPES
  * -Add BIT, BIT VARYING  * -Allow pg_descriptions when creating tables  * -Allow pg_descriptions when creating types,
columns,and functions  * -Allow LOCALE to use indexes in regular expression searches(Tom)  * -Allow array on
int8[](Thomas) * -Add index on NUMERIC/DECIMAL type(Jan)  * -Make Absolutetime/Relativetime int4 because time_t can be
int8on some    ports  * -Make type equivalency apply to aggregates

  * -Permissions on indexes, prevent them(Peter E)  * -Allow indexing of LIKE with localle character sets  * -Allow
indexingof more than eight columns

COMMANDS
  * -Add ALTER TABLE DROP/ALTER COLUMN feature(Peter E)  * -Move LIKE index optimization handling to the
optimizer(Tom)

CLIENTS
  * -Allow flag to control COPY input/output of NULLs  * -Allow psql \copy to allow delimiters  * -Add a function to
returnthe last inserted oid, for use in psql    scripts (Peter E)  * -Allow psql to print nulls as distinct from ""
[null]

MISC
  * -Certain indexes will not shrink, i.e. oid indexes with many    inserts(Vadim)  * -Allow WHERE restriction on
ctid(Hiroshi) * -Allow PQrequestCancel() to terminate when in waiting-for-lock state  * -Allow subqueries in target
list(Tom) * -Document/trigger/rule so changes to pgshadow recreate pgpwd    [pg_shadow]  * -Overhaul mdmgr/smgr to fix
doubleunlinking and double opens, cleanup  * -Add PL/Perl(Mark Hollomon)  * -Add option for postgres user have a
passwordby default(Peter E)

PERFORMANCE

FSYNC
  * -Prevent fsync in SELECT-only queries(Vadim)

  * -Convert function(constant) into a constant for index use(Bernard    Frankpitt)  * -Make index creation use psort
code,because it is now faster(Tom)  * -Allow creation of sort temp tables > 1 Gig  * -Create more system table indexes
forfaster cache lookups  * -fix indexscan() so it does leak memory by not requiring caller to    free(Tom)  * -Improve
btbinsrch()to handle equal keys better, remove    btfirsteq()(Tom)  * -Allow optimizer to prefer plans that match ORDER
BY(Tom)

CACHE
  * -elog() flushes cache, try invalidating just entries from current xact,    perhaps using invalidation cache

MISC
  * -Fix memory exhaustion when using many OR's [cnfify](Tom)  * -Process const = const parts of OR clause in separate
pass(Bernard   Frankpitt)  * -fix memory leak in cache code when non-existant table is referenced In    WHERE tab1.x=3
ANDtab1.x=tab2.y, add tab2.y=3  * -pass atttypmod through parser in more cases [atttypmod]  * -remove duplicate type
in/outfunctions for disk and net

SOURCE CODE
  * -Add needed includes and removed unneeded include files(Bruce)  * -Make configure --enable-debug add -g on compile
line * -Pre-generate lex and yacc output so not required for install

Systems Administrator @ hub.org