Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Working on the Release Announcement now ...

>    * -SELECT ... UNION ... ORDER BY fails when sort expr not in result list,
>      ORDER BY is applied only to the first SELECT

This is still broken AFAIK.  Not sure how it got marked as done.

>    * -Make type equivalency apply to aggregates

IIRC, Peter should get the credit for that one.

>    * -Certain indexes will not shrink, i.e. oid indexes with many
>      inserts(Vadim)

AFAIK that isn't done either.

>    * -Document/trigger/rule so changes to pgshadow recreate pgpwd
>      [pg_shadow]

Peter's work also...

>    * -fix memory leak in cache code when non-existant table is referenced In
>      WHERE tab1.x=3 AND tab1.x=tab2.y, add tab2.y=3

This looks like 2 items got merged somehow.  AFAIK only the first is
done.

Looking at my own notes about completed changes, it sure seems like
there have been one heck of a lot of bugfixes and performance
improvements that don't correspond to anything on the official TODO
list.  It might be worth making some opening remarks along that line
rather than just presenting the checked-off items.