Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
>> Think we'll have to
>> leave it unfixed till Thomas gets back.

> That would be plenty of time to get it in for the real 7.0 release.

I don't like shipping betas with broken pg_dump; that makes life
unreasonably difficult for beta testers, if we have to force another
initdb before release.  So I put in a quick hack solution: don't print
the column alias list at all unless there is a table alias.  This makes
the rule's FROM clause conform to ANSI syntax.  If you actually did
writecreate view foo as SELECT alias FROM table table (alias);
then it will dump ascreate view foo as SELECT table.realcolname AS alias FROM table;
but there's no harm done.  Better solution needed but I'll let Thomas
provide it.

And now, it's 4:30 PM AST and we are outta here ... right Marc?