Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Brook Milligan wrote:

>    You have to run the backend using gdb, and get a backtrace of the crash,
>    or check the postmaster logs for any information.
>
> No core dump that I can find.  But, the logs are reporting errors from
> semget in ipc.c.  Specifically, it is complaining of not enough space,
> but I have no full filesystems.  This stuff is part of the locking
> code isn't it?  Did that get tweaked with the NetBSD/vax patches
> recently?
semget deals with shared memory, not file systems...under FreeBSD,
you do:

%ipcs
Message Queues:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP

Shared Memory:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
m 131072 2063597841 --rw-rw-rw-  scrappy    staff

Semaphores:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP

To see what is being used.  ipcrm to remove 'stale'
handles...sounds like your system isn't releasing when you kill of
postgres daemon...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types
От: Brook Milligan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386